I saw something like this a while back when I was reading through Amalah's archives and I thought it was great... so here you go. 10 little windows into Kimmers.
1. I have a major tendency to leave the house wearing my slippers (no, not on purpose, I'm not That Girl). In my defense, they look *extremely* similar to a brown pair of clogs that I wear a lot, and also I can be somewhat of a space cadet, so... probably not that shocking to those who know me well. Or really at all.
2. I am ridiculously obsessed with maintaining my eyebrows. I tweeze them myself, and I probably touch them up every few days. Nick finds this fascinating, let me assure you.
3. I'm hopelessly addicted to Coke. As in, the cola. I go through 12-packs at a speed that would be alarming if I let myself think about it. So I don't.
4. I have 3 piercings in each ear. The space between the 2nd and 3rd holes is not perfectly symmetrical from one ear to the other, and this bothers me more than I care to admit.
5. I have every book Dean Koontz has ever written, and I've read most of them more than once.
6. When I was younger, I was absolutely positive I wanted to be a writer or an English teacher. Now I work in insurance. Let's not dwell too much on that one for now.
7. I cry when animals get hurt in movies. Pretty much every time. And I start getting nervous as soon as it becomes apparent that something bad is going to happen to Spot. Most traumatic movie experience? Seeing Eight Below at the theater. OH MY GOD please tell me in what other Disney movie do half the freaking characters die?? My friend Jen and I went to see it together, and when the first dog clearly wasn't going to make it home, we were in Serious Denial. By pup #2 we were in sniffles, and her boyfriend was 2 seats away trying to pretend he wasn't with us.
8. I'm a really huge brand whore, ESPECIALLY with my skincare. And haircare. And I rationalize that this is ok, because I will have my skin and my hair forever, and they deserve a little pampering. Also there's nothing like the thrill of a bag full of new product. Especially if it came from Sephora.
9. The brand snobbishness also extends to designer jeans, Coach bags and expensive salon haircuts. All of which are WORTH EVERY PENNY.
10. I am beyond obsessed with the show Top Chef. If you aren't watching it, you really should be. I will happily watch the same episode 3 or 4 times. And toward the end of the season, when they run a marathon on Saturday afternoons? I'll sit through the whole damn season.
This was fun... I think the next list will be entitled, Things I Know I Shouldn't Do, But Do Anyway. There's lots of potential there too.