... and I need to somehow pull myself out of it. Which I'm going to accomplish by bullet points of the bad things about today, followed by the good. And I'm going to try really hard to make the "good" list longer than the bad. Here goes!
- Work - not feelin' it today. Enough said. This could be a blog in and of itself but I promised myself that I wouldn't go there here. As tempting as it
always frequentlysometimes is.
- I am not in Florida anymore. This is very, very bad. 10 days in Florida was fantastic and
I very much wish that I was still there. And, um, not at work.
- It is only 9:44 and I feel like it's 5:30. Except if it were, I'd already be home relaxing. Sigh.
- My grandmother went to the ER yesterday for pneumonia and severe leg pain. She is 81, on oxygen, and has very bad emphysema, so the pneumonia is Not Good.
- Not feelin' today's outfit. I really need to be able to wear jeans to work every day. I can do that 3 days out of 5 here, so on the other 2 days I get very flustered. I also need about $500 for some new fall clothes including some dress pants and a few pairs of shoes. Not happening.
- I. Am. So. Poor. :(
- No coffee this morning... and this was SUCH a Coffee Necessary kind of morning. Must wake up earlier so I can enjoy lovely expensive coffeemaker.
- So not a morning person though.
- Somehow bashed the back of my head on the wall in my sleep last night. Boyfriend remembers this as the load crash woke him up. I have no recollection of the event but the entire back of my head feels like a giant bruise. Brushing my hair this morning was a Traumatic Event. Mild to moderate headaches all morning.
- No ice cream at home = tragedy
And The Good:
- I have a slight vacation tan. This makes me happy because I'm usually freakishly pale.
- Florida was fantastic. When I get my pictures printed, I can spend some time scrapbooking the trip, which I will also find fantastic.
- Guacamole turkey burger for lunch with the girls to celebrate 2 friends' recent promotions
- My grandmother got to go home last night rather than being admitted to the hospital, and my Dad spent the night at her house to make sure she was ok.
- For the month of October, I can wear jeans to work EVERY SINGLE DAY. :)
- Just had a work meeting in which we found out that we each get to work from home 1 day per month. My first day is October 7th, which feels very, very soon. Also get to answer phones less when we are here. Less phones = awesome. Work from home once a month = super awesome.
- Possible home equity loan pending which would greatly alleviate financial stresses. Pray for me. For real people.
- Also restarted my tutoring last night. Every dollar counts right?
- (Bruise on my head still sucks. Can't really find a good spin to put on that.)
- 2 PM scheduled walk to Dunkin Donuts with the girls for much needed caffeine fix. 99 cent lattes from 2 to 5.
- I have 5 vacation days left for the year... which seems like a lot since it's basically October.
- When I get home tonight, Judge Judy will be waiting in my DVR.
- Biggest Loser
- Pasta for dinner tonight, which is a Kimmers Favorite
- Today Nick and I are starting our Concentrated Effort to walk or bike just about every day after work. Really want to get toned up and this is a good start.
- Feels very fall-ish today, which makes me happy because I looooove a good fall day.
Annnnnd I guess the good does in fact outweigh the bad. (Thanks largely in part to turkey burgers and precious, precious work from home days.) I feel cheered up already. Time to go spread some comment love. :)