I'm back, I'm married, and the wedding was every single thing we dreamed and more. It really was a fairy tale and I'm so, so glad we did it.
(Pics coming very, very soon.) (If you're my facebook friend, the professional "sneak peeks" are up!) (If we're not facebook friends... why is that?!)
I've also FINALLY staggered free of the Wedding Fog I've been in for the last, oh.... twenty months or so. For the first time in almost two years I actually have free time again! I get home from work and there is NO overwhelming Wedding To Do list facing me! I've been busy, but I haven't been under deadline, and I'm finding that this is a very important distinction.
Now that I have all this glorious free time, I'm looking forward completing the following goals this summer:
- Finally getting caught up on all of my scrapbooking, up to and including the honeymoon. This is a huge project because I am YEARS behind on my scrapbooking. It would feel so great to finally be current! I swear I take less pictures now because in the back of my mind I dread the bins and bins of pictures and materials piling up in my hall closet and silently judging me.
- Continuing to work toward my final weight loss goal. I made great progress before the wedding and managed to lose twelve pounds. Since the wedding and (16 day!) honeymoon, I'm back up four or five pounds. I want to get rid of those plus an additional ten, and I also want to continue to work on toning. In the two months before the wedding, Nick and I were at the gym for an hour or two nearly every day. This summer, we plan to walk outside with Dunkin every day after work, and make it to the gym for strength training three times per week.
- Really working on weeding out anything we don't truly need or at least use. We're hoping to buy a house in the spring, and I really want to move in with significantly less clutter than we currently have. We had a tag sale this weekend, and that was a great start, so we just need to keep up the momentum.
- Stick 100% to our newly created budget. (see above: house!)
- Going camping - Nick's mom has a campsite not far from here that we could use for free and somehow we just never make the time to actually go. This summer, I'd like to spend a weekend at the campsite with the pup and some friends.
Apart from all of that I really am so excited to have some downtime this summer to just relax and spend some quality time with my new husband(!!!) All this warm weather has me dying for a beach day!
What are some of your summer goals or plans?
And now... a few wedding pictures to tide you over!
Mickey makes an appearance at our reception!
Getting ready for our Fireworks Dessert Party with my bridesmaid Katrina:
Mr. & Mrs. Maule At the Fireworks Dessert Party :)
More to come soon!