I've been tagged by Blogging Matilda for the Honest Scrap meme. And I really want to do a Florida post, because the trip was completely wonderful... but our flight was delayed and Nick and I are both coming down with something and I'm cranky and exhausted and just totally not up for the Florida post tonight. So! Procrastinating as usual! Meme it is!
We'll save the Florida post for another day. But it's coming, I promise, along with a few pictures.
According to the rules of Honest Scrap, I'm supposed to list 10 honest and interesting things about myself. I know I've done a few similar memes on here before, so in an attempt to avoid any unintentional overlap, I'm going to try to list 10 things that are true about me RIGHT NOW. Current stuff that I may not have had a chance to blog about yet.
1. Nick and I were recently approved to work from home full time, starting on March 25th. I couldn't be more excited. I'm soooo not a morning person, and the thought of no longer having to wake up at 6 (ok, most days 6:40) to shower and make myself up and style my hair and pull together something cute to wear... is such a load off my shoulders. There are so many things about working from home that I think will be fantastic. I look forward to summer days in shorts and a tank top and lunch break walks to coffee shops and the library.
2. I recently joined the local gym. It's extremely expensive which I'm hoping will motivate me to go at least 3 and hopefully 4 times a week. With my schedule that will definitely be an effort so I'll be really proud of myself if I manage to stick with it! I really want to lose a few pounds and do some allover toning so this summer? Bikinis won't stress me out. Here's hoping.
3. I'm trying to cut back on what has, over time, become a raging Coke addiction. I figure there's not much point in killing myself at the gym only to down countless empty calories when I get home. My first attempt at cutting back was to give it up cold turkey - until 2 solid days of raging headaches and misery broke me down and I hit the bottle Sunday night (ha). A coworker today suggested that I try transitioning to Diet Coke so I can nix the calories but keep the sweet, sweet caffeine - so as soon as I can get to the grocery store I think I'm going to give that a try. Oh Coke. You've been so good to me. I'll miss you so.
4. Nick and I found two houses for sale in West Hartford that we're interested in possibly going to see. They're dramatically less expensive than the houses we had been looking at and we're thinking one of these houses could be the perfect solution for us right now. We could buy one of these houses and finally have some space for ourselves and to entertain in, a real office for work, and a yard for a dog. We could afford a house like this while still paying off some debt and saving for a wedding. We could get into a mortgage at a really great time and spend the next few years building some equity until we really need and can afford a bigger place. In the meantime both of these houses are extremely cute (at least online and in drive-bys) and would definitely fit our needs right now. So... we'll see. Time to see them in person, crunch some numbers, discuss our options. But I'm really excited about the opportunity.
5. I really, really want a puppy. Truthfully I want a pair of them. And we can't have any until we get a house because we're not allowed to have dogs in this condo complex. Our condo is way too small to accomodate a dog anyway. It's frustrating for me. I always grew up with dogs and I miss having them around.
6. I really, really, reallllllly want a Kindle 2.0 - to the point of obsession. And Nick tells me we can discuss it if we get a decent amount of money back for our taxes... so CROSS YOUR FINGERS PEOPLE. THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH. Clearly.
7. Nick and I saw the movie Taken last week and it was the best movie I've seen in ages, by far. Definitely a must-see.
8. I am in total Countdown to Summer mode right now. Florida completely drained me of any last shred of patience I may have had with the evil that is winter. I'm impatient for shorts and flip flops and walks around the town center in the sunshine. Why does winter in New England last so incredibly long?
9. I'm obsessed with bowls. Well bowls, serving dishes, casserole dishes, platters, pretty much all of that kitchen stuff. I could walk into Crate & Barrel and buy out the damn store. It could also just as easily be Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, whatever. I'm an equal opportunity bowl covetor. This is nothing new really, but house hunting brings it out in full force in me.
10. When we do get our tax money back, the biggest chunk of it is going to pay off my highest interest credit card... and that feels really, really great.
I think I'm supposed to tag 7 people now but I'm far too
lazy sick for that step, so you guys get a free pass today. If you do decide to do it, leave me a comment so I can come check out your 10 big reveals. :)