This post is stolen from Amber at Girl With The Red Hair. Thanks for the inspiration Amber!
(Every time I post a meme, I have this internal struggle where I try to decide if people will think that my meme is a cop out for not having anything to write about that day. To which I say, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't, but you're a big fat liar if you say you read these things and don't immediately want to do one yourself. Moving on.)
- ...have a hard time getting up in the morning. Doesn't matter how early I go to bed the night before, if I wake up before 7 I'm cranky, sluggish and sick to my stomach. This isn't just work days either. I could have the most fantastic morning planned, I'll still be groaning when my alarm clock goes off.
- ...say good-bye to the animals when I leave the house, and tell them when I'll be back. Nick used to think this was crazy but he's become slowly brainwashed over time.
- ...make/order more food than I can actually eat.
- ...cry when animal cruelty commercials come on. I also cried at the Planet Earth movie. And Nick has banned me from watching those Animal Cops shows, which I love, because I can't get through an episode without tearing up.
- ...make resolutions that I can't seem to stick to. Like when I joined the gym in JANUARY hoping to be bikini ready long before summer, and it's now JULY and I've barely gone at all let alone 3 to 4 times a week and I'm totally panicked that there's no time to drop some pounds and tone up before my trip to Florida in September, omg WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF EVERY TIME?!
- ...read entire novels in one sitting. In fact I would say I do this about 70 to 80% of the time. Once I get into a book, I'm totally engrossed and will happily read for hours and hours at a time. I'm also a very fast reader, so this "one sitting" thing is more easily accomplished than you might think.
- ...wish I could go back to school and get my MFA. But I don't really have the money for it right now, and I'm not sure what I'd do with it if I got it. I'd like to get into writing somehow, but the exact path hasn't really sorted itself out for me yet. Maybe an MFA isn't even necessary. Then again, "take a year off and write a novel" doesn't fit into my budget either!
- ...dream of moving to the south. I hate the cold and I spend most of the winter daydreaming of this kind of move. I've also lived in CT my whole life, and I want to try something different on for a while and see how it works for me. I hesitate because I'm not that many years away from wanting kids, and I sort of hate to move far away from my parents because I know what wonderful grandparents they'll be.
- ...go to bed angry. And I won't let Nick either, though he totally would. I don't like to let a fight fester. An hour or two, max, and I'm ready to talk it out and move on.
- ...yell at Dunkin without feeling tremendously guilty.
- ...miss an episode of my favorite TV shows. Let us not even talk about the time when our DVR inexplicably stopping working for four VERY CRITICAL DAYS and I had no idea until I sat down to watch a bunch of shows that WEREN'T THERE. Dark, dark days.
- ...sleep without a blanket. Even if it's really hot and only a few inches of blanket are actually on me, those few inches are critical to my falling asleep. I can't explain it, it just is.
- ...eat seafood. I've only ever actually tried shrimp (horrifying), fried haddock (ok) and salmon (ick), but I avoid all seafood like the plague. It just doesn't appeal to me, at all, even enough to try a few things. Even the smell just puts me off completely.
- ...shop alone. To me this is no fun at all. All I end up doing is second guessing every purchase. Friends are a critical part of any shopping expedition.
Your turn... What are your sometimes, always, nevers? Leave them in the comments or post them on your own blog!